Move over, beef—there's a new steak in town, and it's far more affordable (and environmentally friendly) than its bovine counterpart. That's right, folks—I'm talking about cabbage steaks.
Cabbage steaks are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional steak recipes. By cooking the cabbage in a skillet, you add a crispy texture that takes this dish to the next level. Plus, they're super easy to make.
Do give it a go! When cooked correctly, cabbage steaks can be tender, juicy, and absolutely delicious.
3 Cabbage Steaks Recipes
Here are cabbage steaks recipes that will make you forget all about beef steaks.
Recipe #1: Stovetop Grilled Cabbage Steaks with Bacon
- 1 head of cabbage
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut cabbage into 1-inch thick steaks. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Add cabbage steaks to the bacon grease in the skillet, and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cabbage is slightly browned.
4. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle over the cabbage steaks. Serve immediately.
Recipe #2: Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 2 center cut cabbage steaks
- 1 slice thick cut bacon
- 1/2 avocado
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 TBSP Creamy Garlic Herb Dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Season cabbage steaks with salt and pepper, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes, or until slightly softened.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Once cabbage is cooked, remove from oven and top with crumbled bacon, avocado, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, and garlic herb dressing. Serve immediately.
Recipe #3: Chicken Fried Cabbage Steaks
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Cut cabbage into 1-inch thick steaks.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper.
3. Pour milk into a second shallow bowl.
4. Dip cabbage steaks in the milk mixture, then coat with the flour mixture.
5. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
6. Remove from heat and season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
In A Nutshell
So there you have it—three delicious recipes for cabbage steaks in both a skillet & an oven that will make you forget all about beef! Need more inspiration of cabbage steaks in an oven? Check the below video and give all these recipes a try!
Researching the best tools including a pan for roasting vegetables and a small electric skillet to cook these cabbage steaks doesn't have to be time-consuming. In the below blog posts, we have reviewed some of the best options available on the market. By exploring more reviews, you can make an informed decision about which appliance will work best in your kitchen. Check further out!