If you're looking for a delicious, easy-to-make chicken fajita recipe, look no further! Fajitas are typically thought of as a Tex-Mex dish that is cooked on a skillet over an open flame. However, chicken fajitas can also be made in the oven and they are just as delicious, if not more so!
This recipe for chicken fajitas baked in the oven results in juicy, flavorful chicken with perfectly roasted peppers and onions. Give it a try next time you're in the mood for fajitas and you'll be hooked!
Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, lime wedges
This oven-baked version is sure to please and it's so simple to prepare. Just toss everything in a bowl, then roast in the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are slightly charred around the edges.
Bake Chicken Fajitas
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine chicken strips, bell peppers, onion, olive oil, and fajita seasoning. Toss to coat evenly.
3. Spread the mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the chicken is cooked through and the peppers and onions are slightly charred around the edges.
4. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Meanwhile, warm tortillas in the microwave.
5. Assemble fajitas by spooning chicken and vegetables onto tortillas, then topping with salsa, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, and/or lime wedges as desired.
So good! Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Don't be scared to play around with a number of herbs and spices until you find one you enjoy. Experiment with whatever veggies you have on hand; there's no end to what you can achieve!
If you're searching for a chicken roasting pan, check out the page below. We've put together a list of 5 best roasting pans for chicken so that you don't have to spend hours researching! Now go forth and roast chickens like a pro chef, your family will thank you!