Omelets are a staple of every household's breakfast menu. They are easy to make and can be tailored to your own personal taste. In this blog post, we will show you how to make an omelet like a professional chef.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese such as Cheddar, Swiss, or Jack (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped ham, bacon, sausage, vegetables, or fruit (optional)
1. Beat together eggs, milk, and salt in a small bowl with a fork or wire whisk until well mixed and set aside.
2. Heat butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat just until hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
3. Tilt the skillet to coat the bottom evenly.
4. Pour in the egg mixture.
5. As the eggs begin to set, lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula so that uncooked eggs can flow underneath.
6. Continue cooking until the eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains.
7. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and/or chopped ham, bacon, sausage, vegetables, or fruit over one half of the omelet.
8. Fold the omelet in half with a spatula.
9. Slide the omelet out of the skillet onto a plate.
10. Serve immediately.
The Perfect Omelet
Tips: If you like your omelets fluffy, add 1 tablespoon of flour to the egg mixture before cooking.
- For a Western-style omelet, add chopped onions, green peppers, and ham.
- For a Spanish-style omelet, add diced tomatoes and shredded cheese.
- For a French-style omelet, add Gruyere cheese and chives.
- For a Greek-style omelet, add feta cheese and spinach.
- For a Vietnamese-style omelet, add a teaspoon of fish sauce.
- For a healthy option, add egg whites instead of whole eggs and use vegetables like mushrooms, onions, peppers, and spinach.
Omelets are a versatile dish that can be tailored to your own personal taste. We hope you enjoyed this blog post on how to make an omelet like a professional chef. Bon appetit!
Wanna have more inspirations? Check out this video and try out different omelet styles during the week!
Need a pan to cook eggs? Below, find our post with the best picks on the market. We did all the research so you don't have to!