Christmas is right around the corner, so why not spread a little extra holiday cheer by whipping up some festive Christmas brownies? These delicious treats are sure to put smiles on everyone’s faces when they take their first bite!
With just a few simple ingredients and a few creative decorations you can create something special that will bring joy this season—not only will these treats taste great but they look amazing too! These festive Christmas brownies are sure to hit all the right notes this winter season!
Christmas Brownies Recipe
Gather Your Ingredients
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder that is unsweetened
- 1/4 cup (30g) semi-sweet white chocolate chips
- 4 oz (113g) espresso powder
- 1/2 tbsp (6g) sweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp (28g) unsalted butter, softened and cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200g) light brown sugar, packed tightly
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, finely ground
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- 20 pretzel antlers for decorations
- 20 red m&m chocolates for decorations
- Decorative sugar crystals
- Decorative sprinkles
- Edible Christmas decorations (e.g. gingerbread men, candy canes)
- Food coloring gel (red and green)
Make The Brownies
- Once you have all your ingredients gathered, set your oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, eggs, and oil until smooth.
- Then pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean..
- Set aside and let cool completely before adding any decorations.
- Once cooled, cut it into small squares or rectangles. You can also use cookie cutters if you have any on hand that are holiday-themed.
- Now it’s time to give them some festive flair!
Decorate The Brownies
- To decorate your Christmas brownies, start by melting white chocolate chips in a double boiler over low heat.
- Once melted, transfer melted chocolate into a piping bag or ziploc bag with one corner snipped off for easy drizzling over the top of your cooled brownie pieces.
- Sprinkle on colorful sprinkles or decorative sugar crystals before adding edible holiday decorations like gingerbread men or candy canes.
- Decorate your holiday desserts with m&m chocolate candies!
- Finally, add some red and green food coloring gel to create fun designs on top of each piece.
- Let cool completely before serving – voila! You now have delicious homemade Christmas brownies ready to enjoy!
Creative Shapes For Christmas Brownies Decoration
- If you want to get really creative with Christmas brownies, why not try cutting them into festive shapes like Christmas trees, snowflakes, snowmen, Santa Clauses, reindeer, and presents?
- This is a great opportunity to get the kids involved in the kitchen too! You can also use cookie cutters or molds that are Christmas-themed.
Tips & Tricks
- For an added Christmas twist, try adding a tablespoon of a Christmas-flavored extract like vanilla or peppermint, or almond extract to the batter.
- You can also add crushed candy cane pieces to the batter for extra flavor and texture.
- For an added crunchy texture, try adding some chopped nuts or crushed candy canes on top of the melted chocolate before it hardens.
- If you want to go the extra mile, try adding Christmas-colored frosting or drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- For vegan Christmas brownies, simply use vegan butter instead of regular butter and a flax “egg” in place of the eggs.
- For keto Christmas brownies, use almond flour in place of all-purpose flour and coconut sugar instead of regular sugar.
- Make sure to give your brownies plenty of time to cool before frosting – otherwise the decorations won’t stick!
- Finally, Christmas brownies also make great gifts – so don’t forget to wrap them up in festive paper or boxes and tie with a Christmas bow.
There you have it! Christmas brownies are a fun and festive treat to make this holiday season that everyone will love.
Not sure which tool to get for preparing cake? We've got you covered with our top picks of 5 food processors for dough, so that you can easily find the perfect one for your needs. Read on the blog post below.
With just a few ingredients and a little bit of creativity, you’ll be able to whip up some winter-themed brownies that will have everyone smiling from ear to ear.
So grab your mixing bowl and let’s get baking! Happy Holidays!