Celebrities and everyday people alike extol the virtues of this purported health elixir, but what exactly is a ginger shot? What are the benefits of ginger shots? What is a good ginger shot recipe and more importantly, how do you make one?
Don't worry, we've got you! In this quick read guide, we'll cover everything you need to know about ginger shots, from what makes them so healthy, to how to make ginger shots like a pro.
So whether you're a health-conscious mom looking for a new recipe or just curious about this trendy drink, read on to learn more!
What Are Ginger Shots?
A ginger shot is simply a concentrated dose of ginger juice. To make a ginger shot, all you need is fresh ginger root, water, and a juicer or blender.
Some people like to add honey or apple juice, or lemon juice or many other variations for extra flavor, but that's entirely up to you. When made correctly, ginger shots have a slightly spicy, sweetness that many people find addicting.
Benefits Of Ginger Shots
Ginger is well-known for its multiple health benefits.
- Soothes Upset Stomachs & Aids Digestion: If you suffer from nausea, ginger is your new best friend. Studies have shown that ginger can be effective in treating nausea caused by pregnancy, chemotherapy, and even motion sickness. It does this by preventing stomach acids from rise up into the esophagus, thereby relieving symptoms of indigestion.
- Boosts Your Immune System & Fights Infection: It's no secret that ginger is a powerhouse when it comes to boosting immunity. Not only does ginger contain high levels of antioxidants, but it also has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. These powerful components work together to fight off infection and keep your immune system functioning properly. It's perfect for keeping colds at bay during flu season!
- Helps Your Body Recover Faster Post-Workout: If you're an avid gym-goer, ginger should definitely be part of your post-workout routine. That's because ginger can help reduce muscle soreness and inflammation. In fact, the study showed that ginger was just as effective as ibuprofen in treating exercise-induced muscle pain!
- Regulates Blood Sugar: If you suffer from diabetes or pre-diabetes, ginger can help regulate your blood sugar levels. One study showed that ginger was able to significantly lower fasting blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Improve your skin complexion: Not only is ginger great for your insides, but it's also fantastic for your skin! The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger can help reduce the appearance of blemishes and soothe irritated skin. Drinking ginger shots daily can help improve your skin complexion and give you a healthy, radiant glow.
How to Get Through the Flu Season Without Getting Sick
How To Make Ginger Shots
Making ginger shots at home is easy—all you need is some fresh ginger root, orange juice, lime juice, pineapple, coconut water, cayenne pepper, water, and a blender or better a blender food processor combo.
Ginger Shot Recipe
- 1 inch ginger, peeled
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Water, to thin (optional)
- Honey or maple syrup (optional)
- First, start by peeling and mincing the ginger. If you don't have a ginger peeler, no worries—a regular vegetable peeler will do the trick.
- Once the ginger is peeled, use a sharp knife to mince it into small pieces. If you don't want to mince, a food processor will help you to do it much faster.
- Next, add all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- If you find the ginger shots too spicy, feel free to add more pineapple or orange juice to mellow out the flavor.
- Once everything is blended, pour the ginger shots into a glass jar or container and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just be sure to consume it quickly since juices always taste best when they're fresh.
- When you're ready to drink one, simply shake or stir the ginger shot and drink it up!
And there you have it—everything you need to know about ginger shots, from what they are to how to make them. So whether you're looking for a health boost or just want to try something new, we hope you'll give ginger shots a try.
In A Nutshell
We hope this quick guide has helped clear up any confusion about what are ginger shots and how to make them at home. So next time you're feeling under the weather or just looking for a healthy pick-me-up, give homemade ginger shots a try. Below are more ways to make ginger shots you can try at home.
Need a machine to help you with all the mincing and blending job? Having a quality blender and food processor combo machine will save you time and appliance clutter. Check out this blog post for the best blender and food processor combo. You'll be able to make delicious and healthy family drinks & meals quickly with this nifty device.