Hamburgers, hot dogs, steaks, and chicken are all fantastic options to throw on the grill... but have you ever considered grilling pizza on a stone and on the grill? Don't knock it 'til you try it - grilled pizza is delicious!
Plus, it's a fun and unique way to impress your guests at your cookouts and gatherings. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to grill pizza on a stone and cook pizza on the grill.
Grilling Pizza On A Stone
Grilling pizza on a stone is a delicious way to prepare pizza. It involves cooking the pizza dough on a preheated stone, which helps to create a crispy and flavorful pizza crust.
- Pizza stone on the gas grill - If you're using a gas grill: you'll want to preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Then, place the pizza stone on the grates and let it heat up for about 15 minutes.
- Pizza stone on the charcoal grill - If you're using a charcoal grill: build a two-level fire so that one side is hot and the other is medium-hot. Then, place the pizza stone on the grates over the medium-hot side of the grill and let it heat up for about 15 minutes.
- Pizza stone in the pizza oven - If you're using a pizza oven: preheat the oven to 700 degrees Fahrenheit and place the pizza stone on the middle rack. Let it heat up for about 15 minutes before cooking the pizza.
- Pizza stone in the regular oven - If you're using a regular oven: preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and place the pizza stone on the middle rack.
Grilled Pizza Recipe
- 2 cups pizza dough
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Favorite toppings (meats, mushrooms, vegetables)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- A grill or a pizza oven
- Pizza stone
- Paper towel
- Cutting board or plate
Pizza On The Grill
- Preheat your grill to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the grill or oven is preheating, prepare your pizza dough and toppings. Once everything is ready, it's time to start grilling!
- Carefully place the pizza dough on the stone.
- Grill for 2 minutes, then rotate the pizza 90 degrees and grill for another minute.
- Flip the pizza over and grill for two minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings
- Grill for an additional three minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Use a spatula to remove the pizza from the grill and transfer to a cutting board or plate.
- Slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
So there you have it - grilling pizza is easy as pie! Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious grilled pizza can be. Your taste buds will thank you!
Tips & Tricks
- If you're using a charcoal grill, make sure the coals are evenly distributed before placing the pizza stone on the grate.
- If you're using a pizza oven, preheat that bad boy according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- When using a charcoal grill, be sure to have a spray bottle of water handy in case the flames start to get too high.
- If you want an even crispier crust, brush the dough with a little bit of olive oil before grilling.
- It's best to use a thin crust pizza dough for grilling - thick crusts can be more difficult to flip. We also have more special pizza dough recipe and homemade pizza recipes here so you can make your delicious grilled pizza from scratch.
- Have fun with your pizza toppings! Grilled pizzas are great ways to use up any leftover grilled meats or veggies.
Give grilled pizza a try at your next cookout - you won't be disappointed!
If you're hoping to find a quality pizza oven to make delicious pies right in your backyard, we've got you covered. We spent countless hours researching hundreds of best pizza ovens, and have compiled a list of the 7 top options on the market. All that's left for you to do is choose the perfect one for your needs!
So fire up that grill and enjoy some delicious grilled pizza. Buon appetito!