Craving a cold, creamy milkshake but don't want to indulge in dairy? No problem! You don't have to sacrifice flavor for veganism; you can still enjoy the same delicious milkshake experience without ever touching a cow.
In this blog post, we'll share 5 different vegan milkshake recipes that will make your taste buds dance with joy. With a few basic ingredients and a bit of creativity, you can make some truly delicious vegan milkshakes right in your own home.
Making A Vegan Milkshake
Making a delicious vegan milkshake starts with having the right ingredients.
- You'll need some dairy-free milk (soy, almond, oat, coconut—whatever is your favorite!) and some dairy-free ice cream.
- If you want, use frozen bananas instead of ice cream!
- Once you have those two main components, it's time to start adding mix-ins to customize your shake.
- Add fresh fruits such as blueberries or strawberries, nuts like almonds or walnuts, spices like cinnamon or nutmeg, and even chocolate chips if that's what floats your boat.
Vegan Milkshake Recipes
Once you’ve got all the components together it’s time to get creative! Have fun experimenting with different flavors and combinations. Here are a few ideas:
1. Banana Berry Blast Vegan Milkshake
This vibrant vegan milkshake is perfect for anyone who loves the taste of berries. This berry-licious shake is packed with flavor but won't weigh you down as traditional dairy-based milkshakes do.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries or raspberries)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Simply combine sliced banana, almond milk, frozen berries, and agave syrup in a blender until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with fresh berries if desired.
2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake
Who doesn't love chocolate peanut butter? With its rich flavor profile and creamy texture, this vegan version of the classic chocolate peanut butter milkshake is sure to become one of your favorite treats.
- 1/2 block silken tofu
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Simply combine silken tofu, almond milk, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and maple syrup in a blender until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Pour into glasses and sprinkle with vegan chocolate chips or chopped peanuts for extra texture if desired. Enjoy!
3. Milkshakes With Nuts And Dates
This nutty and sweet shake is sure to satisfy your cravings. The combination of sweet dates, almond milk, vanilla extract, and crunchy nuts makes this creamy shake an unbeatable treat.
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 4 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cashews, dates, almond milk, and vanilla extract in a blender until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Pour them into a glass and top with your favorite toppings like crushed nuts or chocolate chips. It's that easy!
4. Strawberry Coconut Shake
This shake is a perfect blend of sweet and tart. The coconut milk gives this milkshake a smooth, creamy texture. All you need is strawberries, coconut milk, and some dark chocolate chips to give it the ultimate finishing touch.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Simply combine the frozen strawberries, coconut milk, and dark vegan chocolate chips in a blender until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Pour into glasses and top with fresh strawberries or extra dark chocolate chips for an extra special touch. Enjoy!
5. Espresso Peanut Butter Shake
This shake is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. The espresso adds an extra layer of flavor to the creamy peanut butter, while the crushed pretzels give it a crunchy texture.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder (or espresso cup)
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons crushed pretzels
- Simply combine the peanut butter, espresso powder, almond milk, and crushed pretzels in a blender until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Pour into glasses and top with more crushed pretzels for extra texture. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Experiment with other different types of non-dairy milk like oat milk or coconut milk to give your vegan milkshakes a unique flavor.
- The options are truly endless - you could even add protein powder for added nutrition if that sounds appealing!
- Don’t forget about toppings either—shaved coconut flakes, cookies on top would be amazing too.
So grab those ingredients and let's get shaking! With a little bit of creativity, you'll be able to whip up amazing vegan milkshakes.
Need a blender? Check out the blog post below with our picks of best blenders for protein shakes.
These shakes are sure to hit the spot while allowing you to stay true to your dietary restrictions at the same time. Make them today!