Rice pudding is delicious. Mango sticky rice is even better. But have you ever had sticky rice with mango?
No, not rice pudding with mango mixed in - I'm talking about real sticky rice, infused with the sweetness of coconut milk and paired with the freshness of mango.
It's a dessert that will leave you wanting more, even if you thought you were already full. Here's how to make it.
Sticky Rice With Mango Recipe
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 200ml of water
- 1 cup (150ml) coconut milk
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced into cubes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds (optional)
How To Make Sticky Rice With Mango
1. Rinse the glutinous rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water 2 rounds.
2. Then pour the rice and 1 cup of 200ml of water in the rice cooker. Let the rice cook in the rice cooker for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, add 1 cup (150ml) of coconut milk, sugar, and salt into the rice cooker, and give it a stir.
4. Let the rice cook for another 5-10 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Mix well and let the rice sit afterwards for another 5 minutes to absorb the flavors.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the mangoes by peeling and cutting them into small cubes.
6. Once the sticky rice is cooked, spoon the sticky rice into bowls and top with mango slices and sesame seeds, if desired.
7. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy your delicious sticky rice with mango!
If you're in the market for a rice cooker, look no further! We've gathered 6 best Japanese rice cookers available and put them all in one convenient blog post. So save yourself some time searching and check out our blog post below to find your perfect match!