These two recipes: no-bake blueberry cheesecake & bake blueberry cheesecake include straightforward step-by-step instructions so you can choose to recreate a dessert masterpiece in no time!
1. No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
For The Crust:
- 7 ounces (200 grams) of biscuits
- 80 grams (1/3 cup + 1 teaspoon) of melted butter
For The Fillings:
- 10.5 ounces (300 grams) of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 25 grams (2 tablespoons) of sugar
- 450 grams (2 cups) of cream cheese
- 160 milliliters (2/3 cup) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 125 grams (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 10 grams of gelatin powder
- 50 milliliters of cold water
For The Toppings:
- 1/4 ounce (7g) of unflavored gelatin powder
- 1.18 fluid ounces (35ml) of cold water
- 6.5 - 7 ounces (180g - 200g) of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons (25g) of granulated sugar
- 2.37 fluid ounces (70ml) of water
- To make the base for your dessert, in a food processor, gather up some biscuits and crush them into fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the mixture and pulse until fully incorporated.
- Now spread this biscuit-butter combo onto an 8-inch spring-form pan and press it firmly down with a spoon or spatula.
- Then pop it into the fridge while you prepare your filling.
- In a saucepan, heat blueberries, lemon juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves and the berries soften.
- Then blend it to create a smooth mix before cooling off.
- While that's happening, in another bowl stir gelatin powder with water for 10 minutes allowing it to "bloom".
- In a sizable bowl, use an electric mixer to blend the cream cheese until it is soft and creamy.
- Incorporate heavy cream and vanilla extract into the mixture before beating on high speed until light peaks begin to form.
- Gently fold in the chilled blueberry combination for a smooth finish.
- Finally, melt the gelatin in your microwave for 15 seconds for optimal results!
- Carefully add a few spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture to your dissolved gelatin and combine until it is smooth.
- Return this mix to your larger batch for an even blend. Spread the contents out in a spring-form pan and freeze for one hour while you prepare the topping.
- To make blueberry jelly, start by combining gelatin powder and water in a small bowl.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken.
- In a separate pot, place 180g of blueberries, water, and sugar over medium-high heat while stirring occasionally until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and blend until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Carefully stir in the bloomed gelatin until it is melted and evenly distributed.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before pouring it over your cake.
- Place the entire creation into the refrigerator, allowing it to chill overnight for optimal results.
2. Baked Blueberry Cheesecake
Cheesecake Biscuit Base:
- 7 ounces (200g) of Arnott's Marie crackers (or any other plain biscuit) and 28 Graham Cracker squares.
- To top it off, melt 8 tablespoons (120g) of unsalted butter
- 1 pound (500g) of softened cream cheese for maximum creaminess
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of full-fat yogurt for the sour cream
- 1 and 1/2 cups of caster sugar (known as superfine sugar)
- 1 whole lemon zest for a refreshing flavor (Optional)
- 3 lukewarm eggs
- 8 ounces (250g) of blueberries
Blueberry Topping For Cheesecake:
- 13 ounces (375g) of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice or water
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of cornflour or cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Heat your oven to an optimal temperature of 320°F (160°C/ 140°C fan), and position the shelf in the center.
- For the Line Inverted Base method, you will need an 8-inch (20cm) spring-form cake tin. Turn the base upside down and lightly butter it before pressing it on a square piece of parchment/baking paper. Securely clip this into place with excess paper sticking out for easy removal later in the process.
- Apply a generous layer of butter to the edges of your pan for an extra delicious crust.
Cheesecake Biscuit Base:
- Crumble the biscuits with your hands, then grind them in a food processor until they are fine crumbs.
- Add the butter and blend for another few seconds until everything is evenly incorporated - it should resemble wet sand when finished.
- Carefully pour the batter into your prepared cake tin, and evenly spread it over the base and up along its sides.
- To ensure an even finish, press down onto the crumbs with a measuring cup that has a flat bottom and vertical edges. This will help push them up almost all of the way to the top of its walls while flattening out any unevenness on its base.
- Whisk the cream cheese with a stand mixer or handheld beater for no longer than 20 seconds on speed 4 to make it velvety smooth. Doing so for too long may cause cracks when baking.
- Quickly combine the flour into the batter for 5 seconds on speed 4.
- Then, add sour cream, vanilla, sugar and lemon zest to form a cohesive mixture.
- Beat this combination for only 10 seconds at a speed of 4 or less until everything is fully integrated.
- Eggs: one at a time, gently add each egg to the mixture and beat for 5 seconds on speed 4.
- Once all eggs have been added, keep beating until you reach the desired consistency; however, be sure to cease mixing as soon as it becomes creamy in texture.
- Gently fold in the succulent blueberries with a rubber spatula. Next, fill up the prepared crust.
- Bake for about 70-75 minutes. The top should be light golden brown, slightly raised yet still flat with no cracks. To ensure it is done baking, give the pan a gentle shake - you will know it's ready when there's just enough jiggle!
- Allow the cake to cool in your oven with the door slightly ajar for 2 hours, then store it in either its pan or the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. The surface should be flat, also when you take it out of the fridge.
- To remove the cheesecake from the spring-form pan, unfasten and lift off each side of the cake tin. Then use the overhanging parchment paper to slide it carefully onto a serving plate or board. Finally, ease the bottom sheet away so you can unveil your delicious masterpiece!
Blueberry Sauce For Cheesecake:
- Gently mix 1 cup of blueberries (4oz/ 125g), a hint of vanilla, some sugar, and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Allow the mixture to simmer over medium heat for 7 minutes until all the flavors have blended and the berries are soft.
- In a bowl, combine cornflour and water until it reaches a thick consistency. Add the remaining blueberries to create a syrupy sauce.
- Once you're finished stirring, remove it from the stovetop and let it cool - as it chills, your mixture will thicken even more!
- Gently spread the sauce over your cheesecake until it is evenly covered. You should have roughly 1/2 cup of extra sauce left, perfect for topping off later.
- Allow the cake to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Variations Of Blueberry Cheesecake
Tips & Tricks
- Use ripe, plump blueberries for maximum flavor.
- If the blueberry sauce is too thin, simply add extra cornstarch to thicken it up. For more tanginess, add a squeeze of lime juice or some lemon zest.
- Make sure you don’t over-mix the cream cheese and eggs, as this can create cracks in the finished cheesecake.
- For a twist, try topping your cake with crumbled Graham crackers and a sprinkle of zest before serving!
- You can also use store-bought blueberry syrup for a simpler yet still delicious cheesecake.
- If you don’t have an oven, no worries! A no-bake blueberry cheesecake recipe is just as scrumptious.
- Enjoy your blueberry cheesecake with a dollop of freshly whipped cream for an extra special treat.
- For vegan cakes, you can swap cream cheese for vegan cream cheese and use a flax egg instead of regular eggs.
Need a food processor for dough to make the crust and whisk the cake's batter? Check out the blog post below and pick your favorite item out of our 5 selections.
Now you can finally enjoy the best blueberry cheesecake! Happy baking!