Coffee fanatics have innovatively brewed clever concoctions of their own, but the one that stands out is a bulletproof coffee.
Coffee can freshen up your senses, increase your productivity, and make you feel energized throughout the day. If you haven't made bulletproof coffee yet, you're missing out on a crucial opportunity. Read on and make one today!
What Is Bulletproof Coffee?
Bulletproof Coffee is a combination of coffee, grass-fed unsalted butter, and medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil. This oil is made of high-quality healthy fats from coconut and palm kernel oil.
The result of combining all the ingredients is nothing short of pure bliss, creates what’s known as a ketogenic energy source, and is meant to give you a steady source of energy that lasts throughout the day.
The Benefits Of Bulletproof Coffee
Now, let's talk about the benefits.
- Bulletproof coffee has been known to increase focus and productivity throughout the day. Butter provides healthy Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids that help cognitive function and provide steady, long-lasting energy.
- The healthy fats in the unsalted butter and MCT oil allow the caffeine in the coffee to be released slower into your system, allowing for more sustained energy, rather than the jitters often associated with coffee consumption.
- It's also a great way to increase mental clarity and promote weight loss if consumed as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
How To Make Bulletproof Coffee
Coffee Ground To Use
The key to making bulletproof coffee is using freshly ground coffee beans. Freshly ground beans provide more flavor, aroma, and caffeine than pre-ground coffee which tends to lose its freshness much more quicker.
If you want an extra boost of energy, opt for dark roast Arabica beans, as they have more caffeine content than light roast beans.
Brewing Coffee Methods
The method you use can drastically change the end product. When it comes to making the perfect cup of bulletproof coffee, you have a range of brewing methods that are sure to satisfy your tastes and preferences.
- Pour-over methods yield higher extraction providing more flavor and aroma than what's achieved with an automatic drip machine.
- French press is another great method as it doesn't have any filters so all of the full-bodied flavor and aroma of the coffee is fully extracted.
- Filter coffee makers are great for convenience and to achieve the perfect cup of coffee.
- An Aeropress is what many baristas use in cafes as it provides a full-bodied cup with good clarity and flavor.
- Drip coffee maker can be used to make a large quantity of coffee and is perfect for hosting friends.
- An automatic drip coffee maker is what most people use at home, as it's easy and quick to use.
Making A Bulletproof Coffee
Here's how you can make bulletproof coffee in 5 easy steps.
- Brew a fresh cup of coffee using high-quality coffee beans. Make sure the water is heated to the optimal temperature and the grind is perfect to produce the most robust flavor.
- Add the coffee to your blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon of unrefined MCT coconut oil and 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed unsalted butter to the blender's contents.
- Blend all the ingredients for about 30 seconds or until you see a creamy top like whipped cream.
- Pour the brewed coffee into a mug, pour in the butter-coffee mixture, and stir until it's all mixed up. Enjoy!
Besides the original coffee recipe, you can also try out different bulletproof variations (caffeinated and non-caffeinated) to accommodate your taste buds.
1. Bulletproof Vanilla Cafe Latte:
This recipe is perfect for latte lovers. Start by brewing a cup of coffee and adding whipped coconut cream, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the mixture. Blend it up in a blender and pour it into your mug. Enjoy the aromatic and sweet latte with a bold kick.
2. Pumpkin Spice Bulletproof Coffee:
Fall in love with the flavors of the season by brewing pumpkin spice-flavored coffee. Brew one favorite coffee, add grass-fed unsalted butter and coconut oil to the mix and blend it all up in a blender. You'll have a flavorful, lip-smacking pumpkin spice latte without the sugar crash.
3. Bulletproof Chai Latte:
Brew your favorite chai tea and add ginger, unsalted butter, MCT oil, and a teaspoon of honey. Blend the mixture for 30 seconds until it's creamy and pour it into a mug. It makes for a delicious treat that will keep you energized throughout the day.
4. Bulletproof Green Tea:
Brew a cup of green tea and add unsalted butter, MCT oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. Blend it all up in the blender for 30 seconds to get your bulletproof green tea latte. Enjoy this sweet yet savory treat!
5. Bulletproof Cocoa Coffee:
Brew your favorite coffee, 1/2 cup of cocoa mix and add cinnamon, butter, and MCT oil. Blend it all up in the blender for 30 seconds to get what is sure to be a delicious cup of bulletproof cocoa coffee. Enjoy this sweet treat on those chilly winter days!
Tips & Tricks
- Add a teaspoon of grass-fed collagen for an extra boost of protein and nutrients.
- For a real boost, add a teaspoon of turmeric powder or adaptogenic herbs like ashwagandha, reishi mushroom, and cordyceps for added health benefits.
- You can also add a few drops of stevia or monk fruit sweetener to cut down on the bitterness of the coffee.
- You can experiment with different types of butter and oils for more variety. Try coconut butter or macadamia nut butter as an alternative to grass-fed unsalted butter.
- Would you prefer to add cream and sugar to your coffee instead? While that's an option, it won't provide the same benefits that bulletproof coffee does. Cream and sugar are loaded with empty calories and will cause a spike in blood sugar levels.
Grab your electric or a manual coffee maker, a blender and experiment with these simple recipes to customize your bulletproof coffee for yourself.
Not only will it give you the energy to tackle your to-do list, but it'll also help you stay focused and productive. Be sure to try out these recipes and fall in love with the various flavors of coffee drink today. Happy brewing!