Lemon juice is one of the most versatile ingredients you can have in your kitchen. From juicing to cooking and cocktails, it’s a multi-purpose powerhouse that deserves more recognition than it gets!
Read on to discover all the amazing things you can do with lemon juice and step-by-step how to make many drinks from it.
Benefits Of Lemon Juice
- It has a high vitamin C content, which is great for boosting immunity and fighting off colds.
- Lemons also contain antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and protect against certain diseases.
- Lemon juice contains high levels of potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Lemon juice helps balance pH levels in the body, aiding digestion, promoting healthy skin, and improving your overall health.
- Plus, its natural acidic properties make it great for cleaning surfaces around the house– just mix equal parts of water and lemon juice in a spray bottle and you’ve got yourself an all-natural cleaner!
Lemon Juice Recipes
How To Make Lemon Juice
- 3 lemons
- 1 lemon juicer
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp honey
- Cut the lemon in half and place it in the lemon juicer.
- Squeeze the lemon until all the juice has been extracted.
- Add the lemon juice to a glass and add 1/2 cup of water, add honey.
- Stir and serve with ice or as desired.
Lemon Juice And Coffee
Then try adding a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to spruce up your morning cup of joe. Not only does this add a hint of citrusy flavor, but it also provides a boost of energy thanks to its vitamin C content.
Plus, studies have shown that combining coffee with citrus-like lemons can have positive effects on your mood; so if you’re feeling down in the dumps on Monday morning, this could be just what you need!
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup of coffee
- Brew a cup of coffee.
- Squeeze some lemon juice into the cup, stirring to combine.
- Enjoy your lemon-infused morning pick-me-up!
Cocktails With Lemon Juice
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- Fill a shaker with lemon juice, ice cubes, and vodka.
- Shake vigorously for 10–15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into two glasses filled with ice and garnish each glass with a lemon wedge
Whether you prefer something classic like gin & tonic or something fruity like strawberry margaritas - adding fresh lemon juice will take any drink up a notch.
And to add a delight to a happy hour, try combining some homemade limoncello using equal parts vodka and simple syrup mixed with freshly squeezed lemons– yum!
You can also mix lemon juice with tonic water for a refreshing drink or combine it with sparkling wine for a sweet and bubbly beverage.
Tips & Tricks
- To get the most juice out of the lemon, roll it firmly on a countertop before slicing.
- Adding a few drops of lemon juice to your salads and dressings can make all the difference in flavor.
- If you’re looking for a healthy and refreshing summer drink add lemon juice and mint leaves to some cold water.
- To make a lemon scrub for your skin, mix lemon juice with some sea salt or sugar and gently rub the mixture on your face in circular motions.
- You can also use lemon juice to help preserve food; add a few drops of lemon juice when storing fruits and vegetables to keep them fresh for longer.
- Lastly, lemon juice can be used to make homemade lemonade - just add equal parts of lemon juice and sugar in water to get that perfect sweet-tart flavor.
No matter what you make with lemon juice, its sure to be a hit. It's versatile, healthy, and so easy to make at home. Plus, it helps you add some zest to your recipes.
Need a juicer? Check out our lemon juice buying guide for top picks of the best lemonade juicers.
So next time you're looking for something refreshing to try in the kitchen or behind the bar – reach for those beautiful yellow fruits sitting on your countertop.